Open Web Technology is a technology and strategy consulting firm. We help our clients leverage new technologies to reshape their business, invent new products or transform their organization.
With a large growth every year and now over 150 employees, we're a fast growing and highly connected team.
Beginning of 2016, we created together with Swisscom Entreprise the joint venture Swisscom Digital Technology SA. Operating under the Open Web Technology brand, it is our goal to become a leading provider of digital transformation consulting services for large companies in Switzerland in the Telecommunications, Banks, Insurances, Media, Healthcare and Consumer Goods industries. Learn more about us at https://www.openwt.com/
To support our growth, Open Web Technology has an immediate opening for a Android Developer based in Zürich. As a Mobile Developer you will be working with our Project Managers, UI Developers, Designers and Backend Engineers to create excellent native apps for large enterprise systems. You will be turning designs and client requirements into new fully functional native apps. You will build project structures and communicating it to your team as well as ensuring the native apps are running optimally at all times. Additional our Project Development process follows the Scrum methodology.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the technical design of projects with our clients
- Write efficient and reliable code, use best practices with our team
- Setup unit and integration tests
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science and/or proven work experience
- 3 years of experience in Software Development
- Good knowledge of native app development (Android)
- Proven experience with object-oriented design and design patterns is required
- Good usage of Java / Kotlin and/or Swift / Objective-C
- Strong knowledge of mobile design principles, frameworks and best practices and standard methodologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience with working in Agile Projects
- Fluent in English and German (French nice to have)
- Flexibility and motivation, capacity to travel at least in Switzerland
- Strong team spirit, good organizational skills, transparent communication, and self-management
- Quest for constant learning (new technologies)
- Passion for Digital Technologies
- Ability to work for and in a team
- Autonomous worker, able to work independently
- Real passion for Digital
- Flexibility and motivation, quest for constant learning
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skill
Applicants must be Swiss resident or have a valid permit for Switzerland.
Why work at Open Web Technology?
As a Android Developer, you’ll be part of the Open Web Technology team from your very first day. You will find a young, supportive, collaborative, respectful, creative, visionary and high-tech environment that will guide you in developing the essential core skills to be relevant to clients. Your personal development will come from a combination of practical experience and formal training which will give you a foundation of tools and skills. But the most valuable learning happens through informal mentoring and guidance from your peers every single day, where supporting each other’s success becomes natural. Our team will help you grow and become a leader. You will have the opportunity to work with digital transformation experts and you will be fully integrated in the company life. We love new technology and innovation and are always looking for new things to build and new ways of doing things. We are looking for high performing team players to join us to work on upcoming cutting edge mobile projects. At Open Web Technology, we work hard but we strongly recognize the importance of keeping the right balance between professional and personal life. As we are growing fast, our team is the perfect place for you to test your capabilities and learn from highly qualified professionals.
Could we spark your interest? We look forward to receiving your application!