Senior JAVA Developer
Open Web Technology is a technology and strategy consulting firm. We help our clients leverage new technologies to reshape their business, invent new products or transform their organization.
With a large growth every year and now over 150 employees, we're a fast growing and highly connected team.
Since January 2016, we are a brand of Swisscom Digital Technology SA, a joint venture established with Swisscom, whose goal is to become a leading provider of digital transformation consulting services for large companies in Switzerland in the Telecommunications, Banks, Insurances, Media, Healthcare and Consumer Goods industries.
Learn more about us at https://www.openwt.com/
Open Web Technology has an immediate opening for a Senior Java Developer in Zurich with at least 4 years of development experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the technical design of projects we make for our Clients
- Write efficient and reliable code, use best practices
- Organize and participate in code reviews
- Setup unit and integration tests
- Keep up to date with latest technology trends
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work for and in a team
- Autonomous worker, able to work independently
- 4 years of experience in Java development
- Knowledge of the Spring Framework, Hibernate
- Fluent in English and in German. French is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and managing teams
- Minimum 4 years of technical development experience with Java EE and related technologies
- Strong experience with web architecture including database design, REST service
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Agile Methodology
- Flexibility and motivation
- Strong team spirit, transparent communication and self-management
- Quest for constant learning
- Passion for Digital
Applicants must be Swiss resident or have a valid permit for Switzerland.
Why work at Open Web Technology?
As a Senior Java Developer, you’ll be part of the Open Web Technology team from your very first day. You will find a young, supportive, collaborative, respectful, creative, visionary and high-tech environment that will guide you in developing the essential core skills to be relevant to clients. Your personal development will come from a combination of practical experience and formal training which will give you a foundation of tools and skills. But the most valuable learning happens through informal mentoring and guidance from your peers every single day, where supporting each other’s success becomes natural. Our team will help you grow and become a leader.